The Henry Pickering Open Observation Car has been riding the rail for over 100 years! Built in 1914 as part of the first order of all steel coaches for the Canadian Pacific Railway, this car was in continuous service until retired in 1955. It was rebuilt from coach No. 1422 to Open Observation car No. 598 in 1956 and used on the ‘Mountaineer’ train that ran from Vancouver to St. Paul, Minnesota. WCRA acquired the car in 1964. In 1974 the car was leased by the BC Government to be part of the Royal Hudson train. It was named Mt. Garibaldi and operated until the mid 1980’s, and again in 2000 – 2001. Extensive restoration was completed in 2003. Renamed Henry Pickering, it has operated with the Rocky Mountaineer since 2004.